Monday 6 July 2009

Book two - The Maltese Falcon


I'm closing in on the end of For Whom the Bell Tolls, so have been scoping out the list of 113 books for the second to read.

I've settled on The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett, for two reasons. One, Hemingway's Spanish Civil War epic has taken a little longer than expected, and I'm already running a couple of weeks behind. Hammett's only entry in the list is relatively short, so the hope is to claw back some of the lost time. And, two, it's one of the novels lining our bookshelves, which means I don't have to fork out any more hard-earned just yet...

Views on For Whom the Bell Tolls should be up on the blog soon - till then, anyone who fancies reading The Maltese Falcon with me has a few days to root out a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment